5 steps to get the best broadband for the office
We guide you through the process of buying the right broadband connection for your office.
As a business owner, you are obliged to install all the infrastructure required for smooth everyday operations. To this end, there must be enough office and pantry supplies, emergency electrical backup, sufficient working capital, etc. However, the most important piece of infrastructure is a good broadband connection.
How do you buy the best one for your office? Let these 5 factors guide you:
- Check for broadband availability in your area. A lot of service providers will put up advertisements about their best broadband plans, but it is all a wasted effort if their services are not viable for your locality. So the first step is to find out which service providers can install broadband connections in your area. You can find this out by keying in your search on Google by placing a marker for your locality. Or send a query to your desired service provider and have them ascertain the feasibility of providing a broadband connection to you.
- Check the latest plan prices. Once you identify the service provider(s) operating in your area, it is time to peruse their latest broadband plans. Look up leading providers like Airtel for the best plans. Airtel broadband connections are available in multiple plans split over 1 month, 6 months and 12 months plans. You also get excellent discounts when you sign up for Airtel broadband connections. If you are looking for broadband for a high-density use office space, then you should opt for the fibernet plan.
- Check the plan features. When you choose a particular plan, you must do so by comparing its merits against other options from other providers. Check how much data the plan provides each month, if there is data rollover option for unused GBs, what are the calling and SMS functionalities, the potential network speeds as per the plan, etc. Airtel broadband connections offer the best mix of all these factors in a reasonable package.
- Check customer care responsiveness. This is often the most important part of the broadband proposition. When you place an order or query for a new broadband connection, the service provider must revert in not more than a couple of hours after logging your request. For instance, when you call Airtel or place an order for an Airtel broadband connection on their website, you will receive a customer care call in one hour, inquiring about your needs and which plan is best suited for your office. If the company does not respond for days, look elsewhere.
- Find out about installation processes. Once the order for the broadband connection is placed, the company must send over its team to install the connection quickly and with minimum hassle. The team cannot hold up your company’s work for long periods of time. Also, there cannot be unseemly wiring poking out from the walls, or a router that gets in the way of other equipment.